Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dream

I have been feeling pretty okay the past couple of days. I had a terrible dream last night that mom was really upset about her diagnosis. She was crying and saying "WHY ME??". It was a horrific dream to have. My mom has been nothing but solid during this whole time. I guess that's why the dream was so jarring...she was so vulnerable and needy.

As I've said before, I think we have all been lulled into a sense of security. When I was at the doc last week she was asking about how mom is handling the diagnosis. I told her that she isn't really facing the facts and the doc said that she needed to. But my question is, does she? We are now about a month removed from the hysteria and things are going well. Mom is walking with only a trace of a limp sometimes. She feels stronger and just last night she told me that she has started taking the steps again at work. What a huge difference in just a month!

This surely means she all right.....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment