1. My mom's appointment yesterday went super well. We have to do three more rounds of chemo and them perhaps get her onto a chemo pill. In true mom fashion, she thinks she should be done NOW, but alas, doc put his foot down. She has some on and off hip and pelvic pain that the doc will check in 14 days if it still persists.
2. I *think* I had my first dream about dad. It was in the middle of a dream that I had about Brian cheating on me, so I'm not sure where my healthy and happy dad came from. I was so sad when I knew he had to leave, I kept waving and waving, not wanting him to go. I truly hope he comes to me again.
Actually there are three things...
3. I feel like I have to change the name of the blog. To something like "My mom has stupid breast cancer and my dad has died" or something catchy like that. Everything is just so intertwined right now. How do I separate them? Should I separate them? I feel supremely confused. The constant in my life right now is my love for my family and the unending exhaustion from this pregnancy. I mean, super-hero tiredness (if there is such a thing).
Let's end this post with GOOD and HAPPY things:
- Brian and I are finalizing the last piece of our family this year - can't wait until 2.15 to see the little nut.
- Mom is doing well.....super well on this chemo. Besides her super-hero tired, she is kicking butt.
- My second job with Thirty-One Gifts is doing super well and I am having fun meeting lots and lots of awesome women.
- In my dream dad said that he was on his way to heaven.
- My sweets, Sadie and Colin, continue to make me smile and laugh and be extremely thankful everyday.
- I have, hands down, better friends than anyone else....sorry to break the news to you. I am STILL getting cards and gifts. I am amazed at who I choose to surround myself with!