Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pinktober

I forgot to add that in my last post why I labeled it "into the pink." I never really "believed" in the pink ribbon before mom was diagnosed. I worked for United Way and always felt that your money should be given locally.

When mom was diagnosed I immediatly turned to the Komen Foundation. I needed to identify with someone, something. I quickly was turned off by all of the pink. Turned off by the smiling survivor faces when my mom was losing her hair in October. I was watching football one Sunday and it was all I could do to not cry. The freaking teams were all wearing pink to raise awareness.

So far, I have been......pleasently surprised. Maybe we are too early in the month. It hasn't been in my face. I am grateful for that. I do like to wear my pink ribbon because it makes me feel that my mom is close to me. Here's hoping to a semi-pinkless month.....

No comments:

Post a Comment