Thursday, October 25, 2012

Purpose of this blog...

I realize in the last few months I have gotten away from my original purpose with this blog, which was to form a page where daughters could come to express their feelings about MBC. When my mom was diagnosed, the first thing I googled was "my mom has breast cancer." I didn't find much. I wanted to read something, watch something, hear something from someone who was in my situation.

So I began this blog. And while it has been cathartic, I realize I haven't done much outside of my own bubble. I guess there are times when you get so into your own head that you forget about everything else. Everything is about me and my mom. That's so selfish, but it's what I have been doing.

I want this blog to be a place where women can come and know that they are sisters with someone who is going through the exact same thing. While all of our moms many have different forms of MBC, we are all sorry sisters in this walk of life.

I have reached out to a few organizations to see if they would help me publicize the blog. Namely The Metastatic Breast Cancer Network and The Gathering Place. I don't really want to put this on Facebook seeing has how my mom could see it. I don't want to hurt her by what she's going through. She always tells me not to worry and that the cancer is just acting up. I know she is being strong for my sisters and I. But honestly, sometimes it's annoying. Like I'm not going to be worried. Like I care if I miss some work to go to an appointment with her. It drives me crazy when she tells me not to worry. I sometimes she is telling me not to care about her when she says things like that. Like she would rather do this on her own. Gah! This is so frustrating!

At any rate, I am going to try to go back to my original mission with this blog. To offer an ear and support to other daughters like me. Here's to hoping that I get more readers. Although, my first and only reader Annie, I am very grateful for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment