Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Happy New Year to everyone! My family and I just got back home from a wonderful ski vacation in Holiday Valley and I am exhausted, yet full of love for the family that I married into. I just wanted to jot down a couple thoughts before they left me.

I called mom on Sunday after taking a major tumble down the mountain. She answered the phone sounding happy and strong. She almost sounded lighthearted! She was joking with me that she had been following the pictures from my trip and had to tell herself not to post anything "mom-like" on my wall, like "Be careful," or "You should have a helmet on." It was really nice to hear her upbeat. Also on the plus side, she pooped! She's been constipated from the chemo and she said that she felt like a million bucks. That really made me happy. I'm not sure what my mindset would have been if she would have been feeling lousy. If only all our phone calls were that positive.

So last night, NYE, I was spending time with my family watching an amazing fireworks show at midnight. It is truly something to see.....fireworks on a snow covered mountain. It was awe-ful....I know that's not a word, but that's all I can think of right now :)

So as we were drinking and kissing and hugging each other, my main thought was that I am scared of 2013. I know I should stay grounded in the "now" but it is scary to think about this year. Mom has 10 more rounds of chemo and it's only going to get worse and worse. I am scared for 2013 and kinda don't even want to think about it. I am going to try to remain positive, it's just hard sometimes.

I guess we take what little good we get and we run with it, right? That's about all I have to say. Let's hope that we make it to 2014 with my whole family still here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment