Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ports, support groups and chocolate...oh and Diet Coke

So here is how my week is going:

Monday - drink four cans of Diet Coke (DC)
Tuesday - drink three cans of DC, one chocolate bar and go to a caregivers support group
Wednesday - mom's port appt. I can only imagine that that will entail another 4-5 cans of DC
Thursday - mom's oncology appt. See above
Friday - see Tuesday minus support group

So, at least I don't smoke, use drugs or drink alcohol excessively, right?! I can feel that I am anxious to get this week over with. I just want mom to get the stinkin' port and not have to worry about it. I feel like it is going to be so much easier on her when we have her chemo next week. Keep praying!

I do have to say that I am really looking forward to my support group tonight. It is wonderful being able to be in a room with people who are in my situation. I am INCREDIBLY blessed with the support that I have been getting, but fortunately, not a lot of my friends are in my boat. It's a whole different level when you can really connect with someone because that is what you are going through. I am hoping that tonight is another success.

So, right now we are going to keep on keeping on. Until later....

No comments:

Post a Comment