Friday, January 4, 2013

Basic Notes

Well, I was going to really write a blog post the other day about how I feel that I am the only one who cares about mom's appointments and knowing EVERYTHING that is going on with her.......but I have been so busy, it's not even worth it. I know that my sisters care about mom, I have to breathe in and let it go.

Sorry to disappoint with no rant :)

Anywho, here are a couple notes from mom's chemo yesterday (my sister Katie went):

  • Mom's veins are so shot that she needs a port to put in (should be next Wednesday).
  • This made momma very unhappy.
  • The only vein that the could get was above her elbow in her right arm....ouch.
  • Her weight went down by 1 lb = 138 lbs.
  • She is to take Senacot (?) prior to chemo to stop the blockage.
  • Mom's fatigue was a 4 on a scale of 10...yikes
Katie stayed until just before the chemo started and said that mom was kind of in a bear of a mood...I don't blame her.

I just sincerely wish that this were easier. That I either was an only child, or had COMPLETE CONTROL. It's hard when you feel like you are the only one doing anything, yet I know that I am not. Katie and Kasey both help mom and dad in tremendous ways that I don't.I understand that in my rational mind, but when I get amped up, of course I become irrational.

Breast  cancer is not only a disease of the body, it can also be a disease of the family. Our family has fought hard against this fucker, but some days it feels like we are ALL going to succumb to it. Blah.

I am so looking forward to next Tuesday when I get to go back to the caregiver's support group at The Gathering Place. It'll be nice to see how the others are faring....hopefully everyone is still with us.

So, in closing today, BC fucking sucks. And that's about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment